Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio petrol cover...?? HELP!!

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Vikki View Post

Hoping someone may be able to help before I shed a lil tear... the petrol cover (the actual door cover part not the cap) of my clio Dynamique 2005 (new shape) will not open.. It automatically locks with the car being locked and opens when the locks are open.. but I went to fill up with petrol a moment ago and its stuck.. I tried tugging at it but it just felt like it was going to snap... when I take the cover off the boot in the back, theres just the seat belt mechanism, you cant see the back of the fuel cap.. please help, I cant even get to work tomorrow!!! x
Hi vikki

It might be that the locking bar is just stuck?? in place or a new one might be needed??but if it does unlock try and get some 2-in-1 oil on it,they say it is possible to get it open by pulling at the door by bending italthough do go easy i don't want you breaking it then chasing me you would of though there would be an emergency device from inside the rear quarter panel but thats not always the casehave you a central locking button inside the car??if so try opening and closing the car by using that and see if that unlocks the door for you,iam sure another member will be along soon to help,

Oh i wonder if it on a fuse??? worth checking all the best

Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome