Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Disabling/Bypassing UCH

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
If you knew how strap out the various bits and drive off with it no problem, you would know how to beat the system - so why ask.
Because I'm looking for as much info on the subject as possible, rather than just diving in blind - the car belongs to my other half and she lives 250 miles away, I see it once every 3 weeks - I want as much information as possible before I waste hours prodding around to identify parts.

You have to remember this forum is run entirely by volunteers who freely give their time and hard earned money and should any criminal or negligent posts occur they could be sued in a court of law and I'm sure you can understand their position.
I'm not sure why you would suggest anyone would be sued, there is no way on earth a court would uphold a case against someone describing how to bypass such an item, such information exists for MANY cars and items and is out there on the net - when was the last time you heard of a random forum user being sued? I can understand people may be wary, of course.

When referring to the UCH - do you not mean the ECU - if so there are some companies who offer a repair service - who also have their necessary security checks, etc.
Certainly not the ECU , from the information I have gleaned from the internet and from a quick stripdown of it, the main fuseboard contains the immobiliser circuitry (coded to the ECU ) (and others such as indicators etc), this is totally separate from the ECU ? It may go under various names though I suppose, but it's not the EFI controller ( ECU , PCU).

I've traced power right into the board etc, however I've not dissassembled the board itself (last resort) to find the fault on the board, so I was simply hoping to find a/some diagrams of the boards internals so I don't have to sit for an hour with the scope plotting out the various sections Life is so much easier when someone gives you a schematic to work from!

Thanks for your help anyway.
Currently in coyoteboy's garage:
1998 Megane 1.6e, 1991 Celica GT4, 2001 Pug 306 HDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome