Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Airbag Query

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
airbag control

Originally Posted by david martin View Post
I am a new member of the forum looking for some advice re my sons car which I am currently saving from a fate worst than death or at least the Knackers yard!
My son Ben, had the usual first year drivers crash and hit an eight inch curb! I am trying to rectify the damage!!
I have bought a new front nearside wheel, replaced the subframe, wishbone and antiroll bar plus the steering rack. The only remaining problem is that the passenger seat airbag went off in the collison and the passenger seatbelt pretension went off. I have purchased a second hand airbag and pretensioner for the seatbelt but after connecting them up to the wiring the airbag light is still on and the service light is on. I have been told by the Renault main dealership in my area that it may be the module and they are quoting fortunes. Can any body give me some advice? I noticed someone else had a similar problem and reset it with a stalk. Can I do the same? Any advice would be much appreciated especially by my cash strapped student son!
The airbag control module is located in front of the gear stick. Renault will tell you that they can not be reprogrammed, but i know different..if you send it to me i can remove the crash data, and send it back to you. renault will charge in access of 200 for this module plus fitting etc.

* Moderator Note : Post Edited - Please dont tout for business on your second post and without the express permission of the forum *

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 29th May 2009 at 02:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome