Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Camper Conversion

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Grand espace conversion

HI and thanks for your replys . I have looked at vw t4 and all other type of vans and the thing that got me was nearly every van i have looked at in my budget required bodywork ie dents and rust where as the espace doesnt have such problems . I can do bodywork and spraying so an espace with just a need of a respray would fit the bill nicely. I want something thats a bit different as well and i think this could be a unique project. I am not planning on putting a "pop" top on or changing any of the chassis construction. just take the seats out make a double bed conversion and a small sink type unit and some storage.installing a 12v / 240 wiring system and limo tinting the side windows and adding curtains. basicly somewhere clean dry and comfortable to sleep when we away at the bike racing events . we used to use a tent but you can never rely on the british weather .i will keep you all posted on my progress . andy
Currently in WILLYWILLIAMS's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome