Independent Renault Forums banner

1999 Phase 2 Scenic Diagnostics

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  maltech 
#1 ·
Hey all
Just purchased a 1999 Scenic Phase 2 off of Ebay.
Drove home with no worries other than the 'Service' light is lit on the dashboard.
Took a quick look at the forum and discovered that it is a 'get it diagnosed' light rather than a 'time for a service' light.
Looking on Ebay for a diagnostic tool to turn it off but I am slightly bemused as there seems to be different types for different manufacturers and most of them state that the diagnostic sockets and operating software was 'standardised' in 2001.:confused:
My both of my Scenics - the other is a 2000 model - have the 16-pin connector in with the fusebox compartment.
Can anyone confirm the operating system to enable me to buy the correct diagnostic tool.

Oh - I'm pretty sure the engine has been changed recently as there are a few cables hoses not in their clips and the engine/subframe mounting bolts nuts show signs of being disturbed. This wasn't done to replace the clutch as the pedal is stiff and the clutch will require replacing in the not too distant future.

#2 ·
where are you located? there aren't many good scanners for reasonable money available usualy best to allow someone who knows what there doing and can interprit the information given by the scanner to do it for you. usual cost for scanning is between 20 and 50 quid in north don't know about south. we use both a snap on solus pro and a renault clip for which we charge £30 for full check and report

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.