Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna : Sat Nav too hot

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna : Sat Nav too hot

Hi All,

With the recent spell of hot weather my Sat Nav has started to play up.

When cold the CD reader unit seems to work fine but after a 1 hour journey it suddenly started to reject the disk.

I took a look at the internal temperature reading (Settings -> diagnosis -> IO status) and it showed 48deg.

When the unit cooled it began to work OK.

I've done some digging and it seems that the CDRom drives are still available for about £70 but before I replace it I'd like to know if the temperature is normal.

It would really help if you folks could take a look at the diagnosis screen after a drive and report back?

The reason I'm concerned is that the fan in the unit does not seem to operate. I've checked it with a 9V battery and the fan is fine. I can only think that it operates when the unit gets very hot.

Help would be very much appreciated.

p.s. The CDRom drive is a Philips CDM-M3. It's really easy to remove (just four screws). It looks like you can also get replacement laser pickup to.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
  5 Lastest Threads by Eeeps
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Down Stream Lambda Problem Engines Lagdti 1 1067 31st May 2011 09:09 PM
Laguna : Sat Nav too hot Electronics Eeeps 6 2039 1st June 2009 10:02 PM
Laguna 2.0 IDE - strange engine noise Engines madnoel10 3 2078 25th January 2009 06:29 PM
Door Lock Motor/Solenoid Failure Electronics Paul Dengel 5 6320 16th December 2008 09:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome