Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Steering Wheel Misaligned

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by Gonescenile View Post
As has already been stated, take it back and politely demand the wheel is positioned correctly.

I'm frankly staggered at the level of work - I use that word very loosely - that some garages think is acceptable.

Having previously been a time served mechanic, I remember all to well the level of ********** that would've been dished out if I even attempted to pass that off as being okay. It was drummed into us to get the job right the first time.

I've been in a similar situation myself and informed the "garage" that after being stopped by the Police for a roadside check, they recommended I had the fault corrected. I gave them the old "blah blah it'll never pass an MOT in that state."
They never argued, and half an hour later I was on my way.
Take it back, get it sorted & don't accept it till it's right.
Hi all,
Many thanks for your comments, having taken the car back to the major high street franchise 3 times over the weekend, and to 2 seperate major high street franchise garages. I finally gave up...and took the car to Central Tyres, who told me the tracking was completley miss alinged, I said to the guy I have litterally just come from a major high street franchise about 20 minutes ago who checked the tracking and said it was fine

The car is perfect now!

Thanks again all
Currently in dean790's garage:
Renault Laguna 1.9DCi 2004

Last edited by Devils Laguna; 5th June 2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: naming and shaming
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome