Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Master

Thread: Renault Master
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault Master

Hi everyone

I have just bought a 2001 Renault Master 2.2 DCI, it has been converted into a horsebox.

I only have one ignition key for it though, which is just a plain metal key - does this mean it hasn't got an immobiliser? Or that the immobiliser has been disconnected somehow as surely it must need a chip in the key if it had an immobiliser?

I got another key cut yesterday but although it opens the driver's door, it will not turn in the ignition - maybe because it is not that good a copy and the ignition is more 'fussy' than the driver's door lock?

I rang up Renault and it will cost approx 150 to get a new key from them as they have to order it from France then the technician has to program it to the van (apparently the van has remote central locking but I don't think the central locking is working to be honest so I thought I might as well just get a plain key cut if possible).

Is it worth trying a different key cutting place to get a better copy made?

Just edited to add - re the central locking, when I open the driver's door with the key, it just opens that lock not the passenger door and also, when I press the lock button in the roof lining nothing happens, so I don't know what could be wrong, don't want to spend loads of money getting it fixed because it is only a horsebox, which I use infrequently.
Currently in furrycat's garage:
Renault Master 2.2 DCI 2001

Last edited by furrycat; 4th June 2009 at 07:32 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by furrycat
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Master 2.2DCI turbo problem Engines madnoel10 3 2878 22nd May 2012 07:26 AM
Battery and STOP warning lights flashing Engines SteveRob 2 7311 27th March 2010 08:01 AM
Master 2.2 DCI tapping noise Engines furrycat 1 1378 25th June 2009 07:20 AM
which fuel cap for renault master? Cars & motoring furrycat 4 1212 7th June 2009 12:35 PM
Renault Master Electronics Lagdti 2 1410 4th June 2009 06:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome