Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis Fuse Box Location? Sat Nav Gone Red

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello Oliver, I was thinking that if it is deff the areial then one of those 99p gps aerials from china might work if I plug it in and run the wire down and under the carpets then try to feed it up by the back seats and stick it under the head linning on the roof (its magnetic)
and leave the old aerial as it is no one will be any the wiser. I just hope the it can pick up a signal through the roof,you get 5 meters of cable with it so should be plenty long enough, if it does not work might just try and locate it on the out side if I can get it to look presentable. Its a shame that I cannot get it to pick up a signal through the windscreen for some reason( why is that?) would have been a lot easier with just a little black box tucked away in the corner of the dash.
I have now had my VS for just over a year, its the 3.5 V6
initiale, thirsy begger, but I took early retirement due to ill health so I can afford to use it for pleasure only plus I have other cars as well. I bought it on a whim, saw it in a garage , had read about them but had never seen one, had a drive and that was it ! even months later I was still finding things on it that I did not know it had, the hand book takes some getting through and getting your head round the details. It is a heck of a lot of car for the money and the most comfortable one I have owned, I notice that the french president uses one as his official car and a few years ago J. Clarkson was singing its praises! so thats good enough for me.Any way, one more problem has appeared in the last few days, the passanger door does not always lock/unlock takes a few goes with the key fob for it to finally work. will have to take a look and see if it is any thing obvious bet it is'nt and its going to cost! one last thing, have you tried to change a headlamp bulb yet? thought I'd change the sidelight ones the original ones look cheap and yellow compared to the xenon headlights, renault dont make it easy the whole unit has to come out together with the grill, I finally did it what a job! but now I have nice ice blue sidelights to match the headlights ,and they are legal.Will keep you up dated with the sat nav issue, bye, richard.
Currently in richardmir.'s garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome