Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace electrics!!!

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Grand espace dash!!

Hi , just thought I'd let folks know...I have resolved my dodgy dash problem (2000 2ltr Petrol Grand Espace).
Seems there's a few folks on here had the same hassle as me with a flickering / blank digital dash!!
I simply found a scrapper on eBay , checked the dash was working whilst still on the original car, then stripped it out and plonked it in mine... worked a treat and took about 30 mins to do it all!! The dash comes out really easily, and it is then just a case of pulling ouy 2 wired plugs and popping them in the replacement.
Anyone wanting advice on this is welcome to post a request on here...only too glad to help.
However..I have developed another problem!! My alarm sounds permanently until I pull the relevant fuse out!
This started before I started trying to sort out the dash problem, so likely not connected with that??
Central locking has also packed up, using the plip key, but can still be locked with the door-locking button within the car...any ideas anyone please?
Cheers all.
Currently in handym4n01's garage:
Grand Espace 2.0 petrol
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome