Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LAG 03 Sat Nav Display very dim, but working

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by johnnyh79 View Post
Hi All, just popped back again to ask if anyone knows what the make/model of the satnav screen in my 03 Laguna Initiale might be? Tried acouple of places, but couldn't provide the right details over the phone - It's just the screen I need, as Satnav is working, but only visible if I shine a torch right next to it. I think the screen had Toshiba printed on the back somewhere when I took it out to check for damage, but not 100%.
I'd just like to get hold of a replacement screen, but really clueless as to what I should search for! Any suggestions appreciated, cheers.
Not got the make/model but have the following information that may help.

Whilst it sounds like the display backlight has failed it could still possibly be a fault with the CD-Rom reader that drives the display.

The connector on the display has 18 pins.
The top row is numbered from the right starting at 1 and ending with 10.
The bottom row has two larger pins for shield. It is also numberd from the right starting at 11 and ending at 16 on the left (the centre two pins are the shield)

The pin out is ...

1 N/C
2 Gnd
3 -Video
4 Red Video
5 Green Video
6 Blue Video
7 Gnd
8 Video Sync
9 Gnd
10 Brightness

11 N/C
12 Screen on/off
13 N/C
14 N/C
15 12V before ignition
16 12V before ignition

If you have a meter a check on 12 and 10 might be in order.

Hope that helps,

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome