Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LAG 03 Sat Nav Display very dim, but working

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by johnnyh79 View Post
Hi All,
I've read through every thread I can find about Sat Nav screen problems, but nothing appears similar to mine - I've just got an 02 Laguna Initiale, with glovebox Carminat & 6 CD in-dash changer - Radio & CD work fine, as does the Sat Nav, but I can only view the screen when I shine a torch into it and look very closely at it - I assume the backlight is gone, and I've had the screen out to check connections, etc, but no change. Using the torch method I've entered the radio code and can see that the Sat Nav is working ok as I could see my correct location. I'm assuming that a replacement screen is needed, but don't know what to look for or where to start looking - is compatability between brands an issue for the screen alone? If I get a replacement do I just need to ensure the right connection on the new screen and plug it in?

If more info is needed, please let me know - I must add that I've learned more about fault fixing from these forums in the last week than in 7 years of owning my old Megane! Every niggling thing on the Lag I've sorted from this site, but this is the last, but most annoying, thing I need to fix, and the only post I've needed to make! Thanks.

There is only one screen model in Laguna II ph I (2001-2005 before FL in 2005).
it has part number 8200001376
It costs about 1000GBP by R. dealer.

If your backlight is gone it is often due to humidity or shortcircuit inside screen electronics. I have seen some displays damaged this way.

I can sell and send you new screen for your laguna (not used).
if you are interested, send me private message, this thread is not to talk about details.
Currently in dstorm's garage:
Laguna Coupe 3.0V6 dci 241KM Initiale Paris 4WS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome