Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Computer display not changing Clio2 Sport 1.4 W reg

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Computer button mk2 clios and fuse question?

Thanks for the suggestion, I must admit that did cross my mind but I thought it unlikely and I have tried 'hitting' the button moderately hard but to no avail. If I saw it change just once that would confirm it was mechanical. Unfortunately I cant check the contacts without stripping off the column shroud as I don't yet have a wiring diagram.
I have a question though; on the car I looked at yesterday which was I think circa 2004/5 , there was a difference in the mechanical arrangement for that button. On mine the button and the part that turns to switch on the rear wiper is one integral piece, so when you press the button the whole thing moves, whereas on the later car the button only moves when pressed, the outer part for the wiper switch rotates separately.
I'm beginning to wonder if that's a clue and perhaps the car doesn't have the computer after all!
By the way if you leave the dash self test going it does eventually stop by itself, it just takes quite a time maybe 2 mins (or more?).

Also is there a fuse associated with that part of the system and if so is there any downside (regarding the computer re-starting or needing initialising) to removing it?
Currently in wozz's garage:
2000 Clio 1.4 8v sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome