Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Naive espace lover

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by sootysutty View Post
HI GUYS. I want an ESPACE ( more suitable than my current LANDROVER ). Have seen one, seller says may need a DEPHASER SOLENOID!!!! Its just had a new MASTER CYLINDER. I havent a clue about motors and really cant afford 2 make a mistake again hence my LANDROVER!!!!! Could any one offer any advice please ? Is it a big job and am i likely 2 encounter other connected problems in the near future? My ex husband thinks im mad but i really love ESPACES unfortunately im on a tight budget. Any feedback would be most appreciated THANK YOU

If your buying an Espace on a budget and you don't buy a good one your going to be in for a long rough expensive trip but on the other hand if you buy a good one thats been well looked after and well serviced then you could have a fairytale ownership so check this car over with a fine tooth comb yourself or have it done by somebody that knows what there looking for,i hope i have not put you off just a kind word of warning,what i will say is i have now had My 2002 MK III 2.0 16V Espace Expression for nearly 3 years and other than wear and tear parts this car had been good to me but then again i bought it with low mileage and Full Renault Service History so as i said History goes along way to help,

Now with regards to this DEPHASER SOLENOID i have no idea at the price of this part or the time it takes to replace but iam sure another member will be along soon to help,

All the best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome