Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 03 Clio 1.2 16V Warning Light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
03 Clio 1.2 16V Warning Light

Hi there,

I recently bought a second hand 03 Clio 1.2 16V Dyanamique which has just been a nightmare from start to finish!

On the day I bought the car straight away the SERV and ABS lights came on, took it back to the garage and they put a new driveshaft and sensor in, problem solved.

Then I had the SERV and Air bag warning light come on but after reading about on here I located the connectors under the passenger seat pushed them tight, problem solved.

I've also ran into the classic coil light coming on and the car kicking into limp home mode (only able to do about 20 max). Given that this has mostly happened on the motorway not great stuff. I've been able to get round it normally by dropping the clutch and restarting but I don' t think this can be very good for the car. Lately however the problem has been combined with what the manual tells me is the coolant warning light (looks like a little engine block in the bottom right of the dash, right of the speedo). When this light comes on the car won't come out of limp home mode, but if you pull up and leave it a good few hours will start up again but with the coolant warning still on.

I've changed the coil pack and checked the spark plugs but still no joy. I took it to a garage this morning who put it on the fault reader and has told me its the accelerator pedal (is this the potentiometer?) and has quoted 100 to fix it.

I've read round on here about the problem but there seems to be so many suggestions as to what to change ( TDC Sensor, Lamba Sensor etc) that I'm a bit worried about forking out the cash for something that might not even fix the problem.

Any help appreciated!
Currently in Spanky202's garage:
2003 Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Spanky202
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
03 Clio 1.2 16V Warning Light Electronics cph1984 1 746 6th June 2009 10:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome