Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II immobilised

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My Laguna II has been with Reg Vardy, Renault dealer, for over a week now to try and fix the immobiliser problem. After a few days, they finally decided it was indeed the steering lock which had locked the immobiliser off (thanks for the correct diagnosis on this web site!).

They claim they have now fixed that, but guess what? Another problem. A couple of days ago they said the engine now starts, but the climate control screen is blank. Maybe they messed up the connections while trying to find the immobiliser problem? Any further advice I can pass on to them would be appreciated, since they are obviously stuck again, and in need of expert advice.

It is clear they have no idea again what the problem is. They are now hiding from me, and I can get no contact with them, but they still have my car.

The incompetency of Reg Vardy Renault is frightening. I am not sure they have the ability to fix the car at all. I have always had the impression that they often seem lost for an answer, but they are the only Renault agent in Sheffield.

My son took his Clio there last year, and asked them to check the headlight adjustment. They told him it was impossible to adjust, cos the adjuster screw kept turning.

Having charged him the usual rip of "diagnosis" price, and declaring it could not be fixed, he had to take it home and pull the headlamp out. He found the screw had simply come out of its adjuster, and so he reinserted it and fixed the light.

The other day I was looking in a Skoda showroom, and the salesman told me he used to work for Reg Vardy. He said it was very difficult trying to sell the cars right next to the Service desk, with customers complaining in loud voices all day!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome