Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio airbag deploys while driving

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio airbag deploys while driving

I was driving a long a local road at 30 miles an hour, where there was no traffic about. Then I hear a loud bag and see smoke in the car, and notice the passenger airbag in the side of the seat has gone off. I at first thought I had clipped something but I hadn't. It was the noise of the airbag. It had just gone off while I was driving a long, it must be faulty as it didn't even inflate. It was lucky there was no one in the passenger seat - airbags are supposed to protect you!

I am very annoyed that this has happened, because it obviously shouldn't! I have gone to my local Renault dealership, who want to charge me an whopping 2700 to replace the seat, airbag and electronics for it. The car itself was brought 2nd hand in 2006. The car itself is not going to be worth more than 4000!!! I am unwilling to pay this however I know it will fail its MOT at the end of the year.

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing? I am looking to go to my solicitor because I am NOT willing to pay that sum of money. For which I will see none of it back. I think Renault are just been greedy. I spoke to a friend who works at Mitsubishi who said they would repair it at no expense for their customers.

I am baffled this has happened at baffled at the price that Renault think I am going to pay to get it fixed.
  5 Lastest Threads by Peel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio airbag deploys while driving Cars & motoring RUK_Response 3 977 7th June 2009 06:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome