Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - anyone recommend a laptop?

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Although I broadly agree with mord and try to avoid 'that shop' at all costs, it does have it's place.

Yeah, sure it's over priced (I remember paying 29.99 for a 5mtr patch cable ) but if you don't want to spend hours searching t'interweb, finding the best deal and then deciding if the on-line retailer is reputable etc etc, it's your money and if you are happy with your deal you get and want a walk in walk out shop, then go for it.

They sell branded products in sealed packaging, so you are certainly not comprising the quality of your purchase by using them.

If you work in the industry, it is all to easy to believe that everyone is as computer literate as yourself, and not worried about diving in to the OS or hardware. I'm afraid this isn't the case for a lot of peeps, so if they want to pay 'that shop' for a set-up service or after sales package.... then guess what? yep, it's their money and if it saves them a bit of hassle and gives them peace of mind, then they should not be ridiculed for doing so.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow...

Wanna see what I drive? No pics of the latest Passat, but you can see the Scenic II here and the CB1000R here!

Previous Passat here and Bandit here.
Currently in martin999's garage:
2011 (11) VW Passat 2.0 TDi SE + options in Island Grey, 2011 (11) Honda CB1000R in Pearl Cool White... oh and a 2004 (54) Secnic II 1.5dCi Dynamique in Ottoman Blue !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome