Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 1/Megane 1/Coupe 1 - Rear Cross Member Corrosion

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Further info

I've just had another look under the car and upon closer inspection I can now see that what I thought was an open faced 3 sided bar used to in fact be enclosed rectangular box section. This can be seen at the ends still but the rest of the bar is almost completely corroded away making it impossible without looking at the ends to tell what it used to be.

I also cleaned off the crap that was caked to the bolts and actually they might not be as bad as I feared so I've drenched them with good old WD40 and will let it work it's magic for a bit before attempting to loosen the nuts and remove what is left of the bar itself. It can't do any harm to take it off completely as it's so rotten that it doesn't even connect in the middle so isn't doing any good as it is anyway.

I'd still like to know what it is called though so I can replace it so if anyone has the answer then please let me know.

Currently in farbinjudder's garage:
Megane Scenic 1.6 RT Alize 1999 T reg (avec MOT, lol). :-)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome