Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grinding noise - reversing

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to owenstringer

hi this sound like the problem i had, do me a faver and drive the car on full lock on diferent gradients in first gear, i had this problem in reverse and on full lock. this problem was down to my passenger side driveshaft. if these are the syptoms your are getting like a grinding noise for a couple of seconds then i can garentee this is your problem. you will have to replace the driveshaft and yoke in the side of the gear box but dont worry went a say gear box this is not a big job at all. on the clio the driveshaft is different to most cars as the end of the driveshaft is inside the gear box and is held in by a circlip. you can do it by yourself and buy a recondition driveshaft from ebay or breakersyard and the yoke wich is the end of the driveshaft from reanault 60 quid if you need a step by step guide on changing the driveshaft i will send it to you it will take you about 2 hours. my email is hope this helps please keep me updated
Currently in owenstringer's garage:
Megane 2 1.6 dynamique 2004
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome