Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - K4M Engine Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 13th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face that noise again

Thanks to Maltec who spotted the 'Fidji'. The engine is a K4m engine. I have now got an indipendent doing the work this week end. I bought the parts off 'Euro car parts' on line (stores nation wide!). I bought: Cambelt kit comprising: belt, standard pulley, a funny looking pulley with spring!, two 'caps', a large bolt and something metal that looks like a sleve!, also bought a KWP water pump (stainless steel impeler) and an auxillery belt. That comment by Maltec about the Fidji is interesting; that is why the main dealer spares dept could not find the 'dephaser' word on the genuine Renault kit? Both Renault spares and Euro parts ask for the car's reg -this identifies the engine, that's how I know I have a K4M engine -is that the 'old' pre vvt engine?
Hope someone replies! Anyway, the belt was over due anyway, and if it turnes out to be the altenator or even the steering pump, for 120 for the (Conti tech) parts it will be worth it.
Currently in andyt's garage:
Honda VFR Fi-01 800i - the renault is happy, but the Bike is more important!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome