Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i cut my losses and upgrade ???

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Oh well

I took the plunge and bought a 2002 Laguna Privilege 1.8L 16V Estate in metalic gray.

It seems to have a really soft suspension compared to the my laggy1 (but then its got heavy duty sports suspension), which considers every bit of grit on the road as a large obsticle.

On the way home (200+ mile trip)
The drivers side rear passenger window has suffered a winder mechanism failure, so spent most of the way back with the back window all the way down

Also the rear window seems to have had the bonded bolt holding the lock mechaism on to the glass de-bond, so the back window is currently held on by nothing more than the windscreen wiper

this may have occured due to the side window being down all the way home and causing excessive internal air pressure levels.
(didnt go above 60 on the way back, mpg was up to mid 50's)

pity the faults didnt show up when i was inspecting the car i could have knocked the price down..:loser:

Does anyone know if ESP/Traction Control can be added onto one of these cars as a after market upgrade, as it would be nice and can i upgrade the suspension to make it a little bit firmer(gas shocks? on a future service), as it feels like its slipping and leans over really far when going into corners hard ????

when i buy a car, i expect it to go round corners like its on rails _|_ , not act like a sailing ship _/_
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome