Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i cut my losses and upgrade ???

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
I'v already spent over £2.8K on the damned thing in the last 1.5-2years.
just bought a laggy2 yesterday, took 6 hours cruising in the laggy1 to get to the seller. and took another 10 hours to get back, knackered after that road trip

new car is gonna need £200 spent on getting the scratches and scuffs fixed ont the paintwork, along with rear window fixed (securing bolt for lock has de-bonded) (not sure if i am gonna get away with getting renault dealership or autoglass to do it for free?)[previous owner had it glued back on by thier dealership in 2005 for free/warranty] and a new rear side door window winder mechanism needs replacing as its disconnected the cable from the glass, (breakers quote of £30 for the entire motor/rail/cable system)

now looking at spending a ton more to get it upgraded to LPG, the price of petrol at my local asda is 98.9, everywhere else its 105 or so, utterly mad prices...

oh and to top it off on the way back a HGV with an open top trailer had an accident on the top of the A1 and dumped several tonns of putrid offal (think rotting Tripe) all over the the back of the CAB and motorway,

Everybody heading south had no option but to drive gingerly through this steaming (in the baking heat) mess.

The police looked really-really-really ¤¤¤¤ed off (they had just driven thier nice clean intercepter through it), and the truck driver looked mortified, the smell was sooo bad, (a spill by a sewage tanker would smell far far better).

the poor guys cab was utterly covered in the gunk, as well as both lanes of the A1 (upper 40's junctions area)...
(i wonder if they called out the firebrigade to hose the stuff off the road and off the truck, personally i would have just torched the truck, it was a right off... and shot the driver!)

i had to get the car totally steam cleaned, by our local £5 carwash [staffed by illegal imigrants, yup they are not just in your area, they are nationwide and all staffed by FYSR workers who bearly speak english (how the hell do they get away with that when so many brits are unemployed!!!)].

when i went in my car was well iffy, when i left it was smelling not bad, but thier work area was really smelling like an abatiour

ill have a look see what district that accident was, and ring the local police to find out who was responsible for the mess and see if i might be able to claim for getting the entire underbody of my car steam cleaned, bet they are gonna be hammered not only for transporting a toxic/obnoxious load on the wrong trailer (should have been a tanker, not open top trailer) and the claims for cleaning hundreds if not thousands of cars that were forced to drive through the spillage...
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome