Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should i cut my losses and upgrade ???

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4

I rang yourskhire police and they were very helpfull regarding the bio-waste incedent on the A1.

I just got off the phone with the Transport Manager, of the company which owned the HGV involved.

It looks like he will compensate me for the cleanup costs of my car and bill it to thier envionmental cleanup costs that they have incurred with cleaning up the A1 carrageway and thier damaged HGV.

Looks like it wont be them that gets the final bill as the accident was caused by a security vehicle doing an illegal manovure from the outside lane into the layby, cutting up all the inside lane of traffic, causing the spillage, when everyone hit the brakes.

The police eventually closed the A1 and the FireBrigade then hosed down the dual carrageway and the HGV, (no doubt they also got told to hose down the police car as well).

It's a pity the police didnt just close the A1 when they got there, as it would have been a lot less inconvienience than having the car covered in such icky stuff (which could be smelt half a mile away).

(the load was decomposing chicken offal (all the byproduct of your sunday roast) btw. which has a utterly vile smell, trust me you never ever want to have to smell it)

now just need to fix me Laggy2 and sort out getting rid of the supp'd up sporty 2.0L Laggy1
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome