Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard Related

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard Related

Hi all, yet another problem with my '01 Laguna. I've been searching for ages and I don't think this is the usual immobiliser/key fob related issue.

• Car is driven for a short period (less than an hour), stopped briefly (5-10 mins) and will not start again.
  • Engine will not even try to turn over.
  • When the key card is inserted, the electrics come on the the steering unlocks.
  • No warning lights.
  • Pressing the button making the rev needle wobble slightly and then it stops. I can hear the relays go on, wait for a few seconds and then it stops trying and goes back to default ignition.
  • I have tried a jump start from 2 other cars, so it's not a weak battery.
  • I have tried pressing and holding the ignition button (with numerous combinations of gear selection and depressed clutch).
  • I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU.
  • I have locked and unlocked the car - this doesn't work either.

The only things that makes the car work again is leaving it for a VERY long time - a day or so or push starting the car (tow starting).

I am suspecting the starter motor - can anyone recommend a remedial action?

Thanks in advance,
Currently in Ernz's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna I 1.9dti Alizé NO LONGER! He now drives a 2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16V Dynamique.
  5 Lastest Threads by Ernz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard... Electronics Ernz 20 8212 14th June 2009 01:55 PM
Up for a Challenge? - ABS Not Working - No... Wheels & tyres Lagdti 7 1483 19th March 2008 10:29 AM
Demister / AC Panel + Fuse Box Nightmare Electronics Ernz 11 4936 17th March 2007 05:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome