Join Date: Jan 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard Related
Hi all, yet another problem with my '01 Laguna. I've been searching for ages and I don't think this is the usual immobiliser/key fob related issue.
- Car is driven for a short period (less than an hour), stopped briefly (5-10 mins) and will not start again.
- Engine will not even try to turn over.
- When the key card is inserted, the electrics come on the the steering unlocks.
- No warning lights.
- Pressing the button making the rev needle wobble slightly and then it stops. I can hear the relays go on, wait for a few seconds and then it stops trying and goes back to default ignition.
- I have tried a jump start from 2 other cars, so it's not a weak battery.
- I have tried pressing and holding the ignition button (with numerous combinations of gear selection and depressed clutch).
- I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU.
- I have locked and unlocked the car - this doesn't work either.
The only things that makes the car work again is leaving it for a VERY long time - a day or so or push starting the car (tow starting).
I am suspecting the starter motor - can anyone recommend a remedial action?
Thanks in advance,
Currently in Ernz's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna I 1.9dti Alizé NO LONGER! He now drives a 2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16V Dynamique.