Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #255 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Bought an Espace IV 2.2dci two weeks ago with the MIL light on and a loss of power for 2, 800 . The first thing I checked was the EGR valve, it was new. Then I had a slide under the car pulled the turbo intake pipe off to check for play in the shaft, it was new. I had a look at the TDC sensor guess what? it was new. I then pulled the injectors and sent them for testing , all 4 were not very good so I orderd 4 exchange units 860 didnt cure the problem though.
Had to go into hospital for an op ,it wasnt a frontal labotemy so could still think. I contacted the previous owner who had a turbo run away and take out the rest of the engine . A Renault dealer fitted a rebuilt engine and a new turbo ,it lasted two week s untill the MIL light and lack of power appeard ,it went back to the dealer "every week for a year"until he was told by the dealer to sell it as they could not find the problem
Today I felt a bit better and had a quick look at somthing I had time to ponder over in hospital .
Low and behold there was the answer! the small vac pipe from the solenoid to the turbo had not been fitted properly at the engine change and melted on top of the turbo 80 pence So the next time your dealer cant find the problem with your car ,I dont condone violence ,but a hospital visit heped me fix mines.
Currently in ALGO's garage:
2004 Espace 2.2 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome