Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newb with Clio II sunroof problems!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Newb with Clio II sunroof problems!

Hi guys (newb here),

Just picked up a nice tidy MY99 Clio II RXE 1.6 for 1500 and we knew the sunroof had an issue but weren't sure the severity of it.

Anyway, if you press the switch to tilt one side of the glass seems to move back slightly forcing the glass out at an angle and then getting stuck.

I removed the glass for a closer look and apon tilt one of the front mechanisms raises and moves backwards slightly whislt the other just raises.

When pressing the button again both the front mechanisms slide to the back and the rear cams units open. However, one of the front mechs slides all the way back, the other doesn't.

On retracting the roof, one of the rear cam units doesn't return fully home leaving a gap between the glass and the roof. I've managed to force it home whilst the motor was moving.

It's not a grease issue but I wondered if someone had some tips for completely removing the sunroof unit and checking it all.

Also, what's this 'point zero' thing as basically it seems to me that the slides are out of sync.

Is there an exploded view diagram to look at??

5 Lastest Threads by Lucero
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Where is Clio coil pack located? Engines Lucero 10 5607 1st March 2010 07:32 AM
Any phase II clio boffins? Apply within: Electronics dave_mezza2006 3 1030 13th July 2009 12:06 PM
Newb with Clio II sunroof problems! Electronics chris m 1 1517 15th June 2009 07:14 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome