Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear Window Problem on a Laguna2 - Latch Retaining Pad has DeBonded

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Rear Window Problem on a Laguna2 - Latch Retaining Pad has DeBonded

I have on my new Laguna Sport Tourer a problem with the rear glass panel.
the retaining bolt that is bonded to the glass has come off!!!
at the moment the window is only held closed by the window wiper mechanism that goes through the glass.

i suspect that this has occured due to me driving 70+ miles with the driver side rear door window down after the winder mechanism packed up and the window dropped to the bottom.
(reminder to self, always carry the big heavy toolkit in the back, regardless of where im going!)

(i did speak to the previous owner and he said it had happened before and Dealer/Autoglass had rebonded the pad back to the glass)

now, is there a bonding product i can get cheap that will bond this small round flat pad that has a bolt thread sticking out of (which is secured by a nut that clamps the latch /wiper mechanism to the rear glass) ????

I've already asked my local stealership and all they suggest is replace the entire glass panel (as thier attempts to repair this known problem in the past have failed and they now will no longer repair such faults with this glass panel)or take it to autoglass...

am i stuck with going to autoglass and trying to blag a cheapo cash fix.

(cos my insurance company are gonna dispute me making a claim on the first day of my new policy! for a 700+ Glass Panel, and can you blame them!.)
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
  5 Lastest Threads by mord
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
cross compatability between engine models? Engines wyn burgess 1 169 12th January 2016 11:33 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome