Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Motor Store

Thread: New Motor Store
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
The Halfords by me isn't too bad. I do prefer the local motor factors but the ones by me close half day on a Saturday and are shut on a sunday, which is when I do most work to my cars. So halfords are handy for that as they open 7 days a week till 8 pm.
Some of the staff their are usless though, I went in and asked for a wheel bearing, the guy gave me a blank look and pointed me in the direction of an empty shelf! When asked where they were I just got a simple shrug and 'dunno'.
I very helpfull girl then found a store not so far away with one in stock. They wanted 12 quid for it. My local motor factors was on the way so I called in just as he was shutting for the day, got it for 4.75! So yes Halfords can be a bit expensive!

When ever in my local Halfords I try to deal with the same helpful girl.... No not just cos she's a looker She seems to know what she's talking about! And 9/10 helps me as much as she can to get the stuff I want.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

PSN: MEW1980
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome