Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic - Starting Problems

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
has anyone got to the bottom of this yet? I own a 54 1.5DCI scenic, and mine has started this. Been fine since i changed my battery last october, then this weekend, drove car to local shops, got out, got back in, and nothing. It turned over, but would not fire. Tried Jumping it, nothing. Eventually flagged passing RAC Van, who got in and got it started. He seemed to think it was an electrical issue with a short in the main fusebox.

The way he did get it to start, and it might be worth a try on yours, is on the DCI, instead of just pushing the start, HOLD it in. He seemed to think it was a known issue that it was not pre-heating the glowplugs like it should, and by holding it in, it forced it.

anyway, I would like to see if anyone else has the same issue as we seem to have, and how they fixed it?

I too have same issue with locking. Full Car battery, went to unlock it, nothing, had to use manual key, hence why it seems a short is a viable fault.
Currently in bobbych's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic Grand II 1.5DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome