Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - no voltage at solenoid lock on boot of my megane estste

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
I took the plunge (almost litterly) got the boot open with that little slot in the plastic on the catch from inside the boot.
I unclipped the interior rear panel, and found that there is a drain tube at the middle of the panel under the window latch, looks like the fittings that connect to he boot had come away so all the water was pouring in all over the electrics and down into the spare wheel well.
(i'll deal with that loose pipework tomorrow)

I took the switches off my pushing them out through the boot panel, and released the electical connectors, which are very fidly if tried from inside.

They were both soaking wet, gave them a squirt of wd40 reattached and they now work ok, except that they both still have water in them and both have perished rubber.
So i will hunt down some replacements, dealership quoted 23 for the window switch and 35 for the main boot switch units. I'll also pickup some new inner panel retaining clips as i have a few missing and they are quite loose fitting.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome