Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 07 Grand Scenic roof bar question

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
07 Grand Scenic roof bar question

Hi All,

I'm new here and intend to stay longer than my first question. Nice forum, always liked the VBulletin forum software, (but you need to add an arcade ).

We have owned our 07 Grand Scenic for a year now and we love it. We need more space for our first camping holiday so I purchased some Renault roof bars yesterday from Renault, (the lightweight alluminium ones that fit into the roof mounting points, 110). I did a test fitting last night and what threw me was the little white plastic feet on the underside of the 4 mounting points. They appear to be able to be removed very easily, so I at first assumed they were for protection only. I then realised that there was a hole in each of them, obviously for the mounting bolt, so assumed they were meant to stay on! The fitting manual sort of shows them, but it's not 100% obvious. I fitted the bars with the feet left on.

My question is, are these little plastic feet meant to stay on when the roof bars are fitted or not?
  5 Lastest Threads by gazzak
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic II Intermittent Electronic Handbrake... Cars & motoring gazzak 0 946 16th April 2013 09:50 AM
Scenic II problems with blower? Heating & cooling LAGUNA205GT 4 1203 14th October 2012 10:39 AM
07 Grand Scenic roof bar question Bodywork gazzak 5 1878 18th June 2009 10:05 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome