Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car won't start...possible ECU problem??

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for your response Maltech.

No, bonnets not been open in the rain - I've checked for signs of dampness and all seems well. Tried disconnecting battery for few hours - nothing! When I get in , dash signals to put keycard in as usual - I do, then dash says use clutch or brake to start car - I do this as would normally, but starter motor doesn't even sound - what we have then is interesting; wipers go on, various dash lights and warnings appear (different ones each time?!?). I've had electrical fault / steering fault appear. The immobiliser light then stays on solid red. When I stop trying to start car, immobiliser light then flashes as normal, also, doors will not lock or unlock with keycard.

Yesterday, whilst trying to find fault, had the missus in the car, whilst I got under the bonnet - when she tried starting car, (UPC?) fuse box seems to be making a noise, a clicking sound. When we left car for night, there was a constant beep sound coming from under the bonnet - it doesn't have an alarm, sounds almost like a sound you get on a home PC if there's a problem.

Tried what you said Maltech - putting keycard in and pushing & holding start button without using foot pedal s - the dash lights up as would normally. NOTE: keycard does not always bring the dash to life - most of the time you put the card in and the dash lights up, on a few occasions, put the card in and black un-lit dash?

Completely at a loss - if I had money to throw at getting this thing fixed it'd be great, but on v tight budget at mo -complete nightmare car!

Any further help / info greatly appreciated and thanks again Maltech for your help.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome