Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace III Central Locking problem with the fuel flap

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jpierpoint View Post
The latest problem in a growing list of them with my 51 plate Grand Espace 2.2dci Privilage.

When locking the central locking there is a screeching noise from the fuel flap area. When unlocking the car there is a load clicking noise from the same area.

I tried doing this when the fuel flap was open, and I can see the small post that locks the flap moving in and out, but I'm guessing that something in the motor that moves the post is jiggered, or in the process of jiggering. Excuse the technical words!

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm thinking a scrapper for a new motor as I have a hunch that getting a new one from a renault dealer will be mucho expensive.
Hi mines did the same so i investigated further and found that the locking pin inside was broken in two, so i drilled both ends cut a 3.5 x 30 screw and joined it together with a little chemical metal and its working perfect
To get access to the mechanism you have to remove the driver side rear wheel, drill out the pop rivets holding the plastic splash guard with 5mm drill bit, pull of the rubber cover on the lock where the pin comes out in the fuel flap exposing a nut, remove nut then disconect the wiring.
you can open the mechanism no problem and nothing will spring out from it. If you find that the pin has broken in 2 just do what i did above and should be as good as new.
put it all back together in the reverse order and remember to pop rivet the splash guard back on.
I hope this has help you and good luck
Currently in rum2001uk's garage:
2003 Grand Espace IV 2.2dCi Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome