Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Prolonging the BMW stereotype

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Post from a Beemer site:

I've just had some James Thompson wannabe in an black M3 try to kill me and at least 4 other people, by pulling off the worst example of driving since Michael Schumacher took out Damon Hill to win the F1 world championship.

The M3 came flying up behind me as I came off the motorway, and stopped behind me at the lights. As I turned left I floored it onto the 300 yards or dual carriageway, expecting him to do the same and come flying past me, but surprisingly he couldn't get past me before the roundabout at the end.

Anyway, after the roundabout the road is single carriageway, through a business park, and there were some cars in front and coming the otherway so I immediately slowed down, thinking that was a bit of a laugh, shame the dual carriage way wasn't longer - but OH NO Mr "dropped as a baby" had got the red mist and, foot to the floor, attempts to overtake me with a car coming the other way and a car doing 30mph in front of me.

The numpty probably think he's gods gift to driving, but if the driver coming the other way hadn't hit the brakes, and if I hadn't done the same to let him swerve in front of me, it could have ended in a mess. To make matters even worse he was so out of control he swerved back out and overtook the car he'd almost run into the back off, missing it by inches, and sped off in embarrassment.

If he'd waited 5 seconds he could have overtook us both nice and safely and I'd have been impressed and enjoyed the sound of a M straight six screaming past me. Instead he just ended up looking like a pratt. The only drivers showing any skill were those avoiding him, and I know an M3 is faster than my car, I just got lucky.

Some people may call me a hypocrite, and I'm all for "having a bit of a drag from the lights" when the roads are clear and their's plenty of room, but both drivers have to be sensible and stay calm.

I really hope he's not someone off here, but whoever you are, I'd like to congratulate you on helping promote the BMW driver's image, and I bet your mummy had to change your pants for you when you got home, because you didn't see that car coming the other way did you!

The morale of the story is - if you have a beemer, then its ok to drive like a lunatic provided the roads are empty God help us non-beemer drivers if we get in 'their' way!
Currently in superbiatch's garage:
57 reg 1.6 tdci Fiesta Zetec Climate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome