Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard Related

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by maltech View Post
might sound harsh but why do people come on here and ask advise of which we all hive some very good advise then take it to a garage who then charge a fortune to do what we suggest? why ask if your not going to do it yourself? maube im mad but does anyone else agree?
Good evening Maltech, I checked the exciter wire as you advised. Cleaned connectors and it didn't do squat. Funnily enough, my house isn't semi-detached with a Renault parts shop (Sorry!) so I couldn't replace anything before leaving for work 10 hours later, the next morning. Drove it straight to the garage because I am not actually a mechanic and I don't have a pit, an extensive tool collection, many years of experience or the crappy work ethic to do a bad job and charge people ridiculous amounts of money. I also work 6 days a week from 7am until 6pm, so finding time to WORK on it myself is a little difficult.

We're here because we need advise, not criticism on our ability to follow simple instructions.

What's more, people ASK because they don't know the answer; I ASKED because I didn't know if my coils were ¤¤¤¤ged, or a camshaft sensor was bad. Maybe it was an battery problem??? Without knowing what the problem is - how are we supposed to know how to try and fix it?! I can swap out a battery. I can't swap out/diagnose a faulty starter motor on the street outside my house.

Your help was greatly appreciated, and I expressed my gratitude, and still do for your kindly offered advise, but if you are going to offer advise then don't be an ass when it turns out the person you're helping hasn't got a PHD in auto-mechanics.

To summarise, yes, you are being harsh. Anything constructive to add?
Currently in Ernz's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna I 1.9dti Alizé NO LONGER! He now drives a 2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16V Dynamique.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome