Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard Related

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
The TDC Sensor won't stop the engine from turning over on the starter motor.

Is your car automatic by any chance?
Hi Again LagTDI - I just went outside and tried the ignition 4-5 times. I left it for the full starting duration (roughly 5-10 seconds). This period is where the starter would normally be turning the engine over. On the fifth attempt, about 4 seconds into the starter period the engine engine jumped to life. No struggling or horrible noises. Just a regular sounding start. Engine running smoothly.

I DID notice that the dash showed "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ OIL " and it was flashing. When I left the house this morning (before getting stranded at another bloody petrol station and getting rescued) it showed " 0 0 _ _ _ _ _ OIL OK". I keep the oil topped up, so I don't think that's it. Just something to add.

One last thing....the engine was stone cold just now, when it wasn't starting the first 4 times.

Currently in Ernz's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna I 1.9dti Alizé NO LONGER! He now drives a 2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16V Dynamique.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome