Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Engines - Starter motor

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10th June 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi all, thought id come on here and see if anyones had a similar problem or might just know alot bout cars.

Ok, i have a Clio 98' 1.4 (old square shape). The last couple of weeks ive been driving and after 10 mins the battery light would come on. then next day it would be off again but again after 10 mins it would light up! Then the other day i went on a longer journey and the radio started to turn on and off and the revs when at traffic lights were very low and ended up just totally turning off. the electric windows still worked and the lights on the dash were fine but i couldnt start my car. it was just making a click. so anyways i got someone to come and jump start it for me which worked fine but before he did he tested the battery and it was showing as full. So anyways jumpstarted it and rushed home before it died again! which thankfully i did. ok now its not starting, its still making a click and showing power coz central locking etc are still working but it wont start with out being jumpstarted.

What do you think the problem is? i instantly thought it must be the alternator but that thought :would my battery still be full and would it of lasted a couple of weeks if that was the case? neways im stuck! thought id ask before i got buy a new alternator monday!

Cheers all!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome