Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Instrument Cluster Failure

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by sad scenic owner View Post
i have also had this problem and through some research it seems to be a very popular problem with scenic 2's my dash started resetting the trip miles and clock then just blinked one night and went off i could still drive my car until 2 days ago when i tried to start it nothing happened just a clicking noise from under the bonet ive found a company in england that repair these and i am in the process of sending it off to them and im really hopeing that this sorts my car out although i doubt it have had problems from the 1st month of owning this car its the worst car i have ever owned and i would never recomend anyone buying 1 i certainly wont be buying renault ever again
hi there yes they are fullof problems, i can help you with the clicking noise under the bonnet thats nothing to do with the clocks,
all you have to do is wriggle both battery terminals rather firmly and the car will start , maybe better to get someone to do it as you press the start button, i eventually did away with the terminal altogether and replaced them with normal ones and it worked a treat,
ive also found out you may be able to fix these clocs yourself if your anygood with a soldering iron,
you just have to examine the rear of the circuit board and you will find its one of the very small resistors,
failing that theres a renault breakers in walsall (just renault is the name) also fourashes renault do second hand bits aswell ,a lot cheaper than renault ,if you do buy new they will be set in french language so u have to get em changed at renault anyway.
ive spent over 4000 on repairs with my car and today the elecric windows have broken too, im looking for another car at the moment before the whole thing drops to bits
Currently in darren11372's garage:
scenic 2004 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome