Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric window mod clio2

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electric window mod clio2

Clio 2 1.4 Sport year 2000

I'm not used to having electric windows, and it frustrates me to have to switch on the ignition when I've already stopped and pulled out the key, solely to wind the window up. (I'm afraid that programming my brain to tell me close the window before removing the key has so far failed!)
So here's what I'm thinking; why not build a 'delay' relay which kicks in when the ignition is turned off allows power to the electric window circuit and thus allows the windows to be operated for a preset time period (say 30 secs to 1 min or whatever suits).
What is more I think it would be cheaper than getting my brain reprogrammed.
At the moment I'm still trying to get hold of a wiring diagram to see if this is feasible, but can anyone tell me why it's NOT a good idea to do do it if it is possible.
(I think it's still within my capability to build a simple delay relay with a 555 timer, 12v relay etc. this comment aimed at those members who are ancient electronic hobbyists like me)
Currently in wozz's garage:
2000 Clio 1.4 8v sport
  5 Lastest Threads by wozz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clockspring or Squib inspection question Electronics wozz 2 603 20th January 2015 12:40 AM
Clio existing foglights wiring carrier and... Electronics wozz 2 727 4th August 2014 01:46 PM
Unburnt fuel poisoning Catalytic Converter, How... Exhausts wozz 9 1728 7th July 2014 11:46 AM
Some very very basic OBD or OBD2 OBDII advice... Electronics wozz 6 1308 31st May 2014 04:13 PM
Identifying your vehicle -Certificate of... Insurance karenlouise1967 1 1408 3rd February 2014 08:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome