Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Scenic - Vibes over 73mph

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New Scenic - Vibes over 73mph

Hi, I have a new Scenic 2.0 Auto - 500 miles of London driving to date. Today I got her on the motorway for the first time for a 100 mile journey and there is a pronounced vibration starting at around 73mph and worsening over 80mph. The whole car shakes slightly with a noise that feels like a resonant / beating wind buffeting.

At 85mph the vibes worsen and back of the car starts vibrating/buzzing that can be felt through the seats. There are no vibes coming through the steering wheel and the car hasn't been kerbed so don't think the tracking is out. For most of the journey I had to ease off to around 65MPH. Off the motorway, the vibration is less apparent at the speeds described when cornering (I think)

This vibration was there when I first bought the car new from a main dealer but put it to the back of my mind as my wife is the main user and the problem isn't noticable around town. I'll return it to the dealer on Monday for a check up, but any pointers / similar experience from the board would be welcomed.

All I can think of is a dodgy wheel bearings, tracking, or a CV joint - but surely not on a new car!

Currently in birdface's garage:
06 Scenic 2.0 Auto / BMW R1100S / Suzuki TL1000S

Last edited by birdface; 11th June 2006 at 08:33 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by birdface
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New Scenic - Vibes over 73mph Cars & motoring mrtotty 9 1477 10th June 2006 04:24 PM
Any Scenic Pencil Coils for sale in (W). London... Cars & motoring birdface 1 1073 9th April 2006 09:49 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome