Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric window mod clio2

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Some models are fitted with a programmable UCH . If your car is fitted with one be careful you don't end up frying it - Oh how I love the smell of toasted silcon in the morning
haha I don't 'cos it usually means there's been a power cut the night before and something that was working for the previous 10 years has fried.....

I was under the impression that programming the UCH was a one shot deal. If that is not the case I'd be up for it but I'm guessing that to get hold of the programmer/software would cost more than the car is worth, unless you know somewhere I can get the software? I bet it's only a serial link into the diagnostic plug too....hmmm...
However I'm thinking the best bet is to keep it simple and cheap (I'm a miserable sod).
The 'Door Open' override mentioned above by dave mezza (thanks) might be a better way forward..a coat of thinking about needed here. Still no circuit yet, might actually have to go to the library or worse still fork out for a Haynes. I've used Haynes before now, I bet there are some better diagrams out there.
On a similar note I cant even get the n/s rear fog to work without either programming the uch or wiring a bridging wire from the o/s fog lamp. Why on earth didn't they leave it active by default and just leave the **** bulb out?
Currently in wozz's garage:
2000 Clio 1.4 8v sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome