Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Thule Roofbars

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Thule Roofbars

We have a 53 plate Scenic with roof fixpoints and no sunroofs. We have just bought Thule roofbars from Halfords and had them fitted and they look awful! The brackets that fit into the fixpoints aren't flush to the roof and there is a gap underneath them which looks dreadful. When I checked what Halfords had fitted against what Thule recommend, I discovered that one part they'd used was different.

DH went into Halfords (a different one to the one that fitted it) tonight and the guy there agreed it looked wrong. They took the correct part out to the car and it looks as though it will fit in a similar way (i.e. proud of the roof) and is higher than the one on there at the moment - which will probably look worse.

I plan to phone Thule and Halfords tomorrow as I am really not happy with the way it looks. But I was wondering if this was normal? I've never seen Thule roofbars look like this on any car before. If I had I would have made sure we bought the Renault ones!

Can anyone advise on how they should fit? I've included two pics so you can see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roofbars1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7779   Click image for larger version

Name:	roofbar3.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	7780  
  5 Lastest Threads by Smileyk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic RX4 - Balljoints Steering and Suspension 6 2285 17th November 2010 08:15 AM
Turbo going - how long? Engines semolina pilchard 9 1704 13th September 2010 06:59 PM
Damn key cards!! WHY!? Electronics madnoel10 5 1714 17th August 2009 12:21 PM
Caravan AND bikes? Towing & Touring Club 4 1614 20th July 2009 09:53 AM
Renault Scenic - Thule Roofbars Bodywork Stew_L 12 6540 23rd June 2009 08:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome