Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Starting/Battery Advice

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Clio Starting/Battery Advice

Hi there,

I have a Clio II and since I've got it, i've broken down umpteen times because my battery has ran out and I can't start it again. I know what you're thinking, I should make sure I don't run the battery flat next time, which I agree with.

Every time though, it seems The AA only seem to have the magical powers to start it again. Honest to god, I've tried jump leads and bump starting the thing, but to no avail. It seems it can only run when you get one of those guys out.

I have been told it's something to do with the immobiliser locking up - I've also been told I have to leave the key in for 10 mins prior to starting and also turning the key for 10 seconds before turning it back and starting again. None of which worked last time I broke down

So yeah, what do I do if this happens again? Should I look for some car starter kits to help me out? It's humiliating and frankly a waste of time getting the recovery services out just for this.

Any advice (if it involves calling me a prat for constantly wasting my battery) is very welcome.
  5 Lastest Threads by stereo_world
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Unresolvable Map Sensor Issue Engines madnoel10 1 740 7th November 2011 09:17 AM
99 Clio - Oil warning light during sharp turns. Engines hondo 14 10680 13th July 2009 10:45 PM
Clio Starting/Battery Advice Electronics molar 2 856 24th June 2009 07:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome