Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laggy Mk 1 Phase 1...should I cut and run?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laggy Mk 1 Phase 1...should I cut and run?

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome.

I picked up a Laggy 1 1994 RT 2.0 on Monday, on the strength of my previous experience with one, and to be fair, it's not in bad nick for it's age.

Body work is solid, steering and gearbox good, cambelt, etc. changed at last MOT/Service in December last year, struts and exhaust replaced last July, and (only) 151k on the clock, which to a motorway user like me doesn't seem too bad for a 15 year old car. I gave it a good test drive (10 miles), and snapped it up for just under 300, because the tax was up, and the garage guy wanted it out of the way so he could make room for more profitable cars.

OK, down to business..I went out in it this morning to take the better half shopping, still unbearably pleased with my purchase, parked it up in town, came back an hour later, and bless it's cotton socks it wouldn't start (I cleaned that up, the original reaction wasn't as polite!)

It's turning over but it won't catch, and the "SERV" light, and the ECU (Heartbeat in a box) light above the clocks are blinking quite persistently, plus the temperature warning light is still on, even when the needle drops back down after the usual 30-odd seconds after starting. Before I test drove it, I'd gone over the engine bay and checked all the fluids, only finding it low on coolant, which the nice man topped up before I took it out on the road.

I checked the overflow tank when I saw the temp light, and it was a bit below the minimum, but not so low as to cause too much worry, and it hasn't overheated at all since I got it, no sign of water loss on the drive. I took it out yesterday for a blast up the motorway, (it had stood in the garage for about a month, I wanted to give it a run) kept it around 65, and no signs of trouble at speed.

It's been a dream to drive so far, so I don't think it's anything major, but I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Currently in anakin1138's garage:
1994 Laguna RT 2.0
  5 Lastest Threads by anakin1138
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laggy Mk 1 Phase 1...should I cut and run? Electronics anakin1138 18 2115 24th June 2009 07:02 PM
New guy!! Welcome to RenaultForums excavator 5 752 24th June 2009 04:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome