I have recently purchased a Renault Laguna 1.8 Sport 2000 model and have a feeling it might have been a big mistake - sorry to all you Renault fans out there.
My parents suggested i got one as they have had Laguna's before and have found them ultra reliable.
Anyway, i drove the car home from where i purchased it (no warranty) and parked it on my drive. The car seemed fine and and drove ok. I then went on holiday for 2 weeks and when i got back it won't start. The battery has loads of charge and the car just won't fire. It also has loads of petrol in it if anyone was wondering!!!!!!!!!
i read through the forums which i found very useful and these pointed me towards the
sensor which sounded strightforward to replace. However, this is where i discovered that there may be more to this car than meets the eye. When removing the sensor i discovered that it may be from a different car as the wires are a different colour. They have been wound together and covered with insulating tape. I cleaned the sensor anyway and have replaced it. The car still won't start!
Further inspection of the general wiring in the car seems to indicate that it may have been tampered with although i havent a clue why anyone would do this. Has anyone got any ideas????
So to summarise i have spent all my money on a car which no longer runs and i have no money to fix it. If you can help please let me know.