Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - "Dear Monsieur Renault"

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Azurael View Post
Can't you take this in the humor it was intended?

I don't think the OP was having a jab at Renault for the failing brake pipe, more for the irony of the 'Stop' light
It starts off as "My car nearly killed me and I blame Renault" but admittedly the piece de resistence was the 'stop' light appearing when the car apparently had no brakes*. Yes, I can see the irony too.

But unless he's blogging from his mobile while still doing laps of the M25, I can only presume that he found a way to get the car to stop. The fact that there's no mention of an accident suggests that he did so safely - something that might not have happened if the car hadn't been so kind as to chuck up the warning light. You'd probably get the brake warning light on most cars, but surely the car telling you in no uncertain terms to STOP has to be a bonus.

* The brakes should be on a split circuit for exactly this scenario, so the car should still have had braking on at least two wheels. If all else fails, the cable operated handbrake is completely independent of the hydraulic system.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome