Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #329 of (permalink) Old 26th June 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Definitive Vel Satis Sat Nav Info?

Hi all,

I've read so many forum posts on this issue lately, my eyes are going to explode!

I'm looking to update the sat nav (full colour Carminat) map disc in my 2003/53 Vel Satis Initiale. It's currently 2003 UK/Ireland, with the Lang 5 v4.6 accompanying CD.

After research, I bought a genuine 2008 Navteq CD from eBay along with Languages 5 All Versions CD, but my car spits out both these discs. Having said that, it even spits out the v4.6 Languages CD that came with the car!

Lavendergirl posted re her same Vel Satis problems, the dealer telling her she can never upgrade hers to a newer map disc as the sat nav unit never got its scheduled software upgrade, which is no longer available.

But I have come across posts on her of Vel Satis 2003 Initiale owners who HAVE been SUCCESSFUL in updating their map disc to 2006 or even 2007/8. Any ideas how this came about?

Anyone got a 2005 or 2006 map disc they think will work in a 53-plate Vel Satis, which they're willing to sell me?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome