Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 2 drivers door locks, but can be opened from outside?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th June 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by wolviedude View Post
Hi there, not sure if this is electronic or mechanical fault.. its just happened and leaving me rather stuck with a car thats basically unlocked...

OK, using the keycard to lock.. all doors lock, and deadlock, except when you pull the drivers door handle it just opens.. none of the other doors do this, they stay firmly locked.. Now, sat inside the car, using either the key card or the locking button in centre console, the door will not be opened using the interior door handle, so I know it is locked solid there.. but from outside, its as if its unlocked.. any help much appreciated thanks....
Had exactly the same problem on my ST about six months ago. Traced the fault to the locking mechanism. Put a meter accross each terminal and discovered one motor circuit was dis.
The whole thing is £115 from Renault. (this is for the deadlock equipped version).
Quite easy to replace; just take care removing the door card - make sure you carefully release the mastic and keep it intact (Renault wanted £25 for this!).

When I took a look at the old unit and broke it open I discovered two electic motors (one for lock; one for deadlock). These just clip in place and one of then had moved far enough to disconnect. Pushed it back down and the mechanism worked again.

I think the drivers door is worst for this because it gets most use.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome