Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Steering lock problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Steering lock problem

Iím looking for some advice / help.

I bought a megane estate 2004 diesel 1.9 dynamique about 5 months ago it had been in a bump and the airbags had deployed (steering and passenger) also the the rear seatbelts had locked and the front seatbelt tensioners had tightened up so all needed replacing.

I bought the whole kit last week and went to a local garage to see if they would fit the new dash and steering wheel with airbags etc. A couple of the guys said it was to fiddly so they wouldnít take it on but one of the guys said he would do it.

I got a call saying he had fitted all the new parts but couldnít get the car to start some sort of electrical fault, he said he knew an auto mechanic who would take a look at it, the auto mechanic has just called me saying that the steering lock is faulty and is causing the car to not start he says they are £225.00 to replace plus labour etc.

What I would like to know is this;

Is this a common fault as that is what I have been told by the mechanic?
Has this problem just devolved or is it a result of something the mechanic has done replacing the steering wheel and dashboard?

thanks for any advice
  5 Lastest Threads by wallaseywayne04
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Steering lock problem Electronics wallaseywayne04 3 1122 26th June 2009 04:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome